The 22nd of April has been an important day around the world for the last 45 years. It’s the one day of the year that all walks of life unite globally to support the environment we live in. As we come together to celebrate and protect our beautiful planet, we can’t help but feel humbled by each and every one of our customers.
When you purchase our LED lights, you are not only getting quality lighting that is safe for your home and family, you are helping protect our environment. LED bulbs can be 6-7x more energy efficient than conventional incandescent lights and can cut your energy use by more than 80%. With every LED purchase you make through Holiday LEDs you are helping conserve our beautiful planet.
We want to thank you for being a loyal customer and for helping us keep our planet healthy for generations to come. As a token of our gratitude, we’d like to share with you 5 inspiring facts about LED lights and their impact on our lives.
- Amber LED lights have been used to keep sea turtles safe while hatching. Studies show that nearly 20,000 hatchlings struggle to make it to the ocean due to becoming disorientated by beachfront lighting. Houses along the coastlines where sea turtles lay their eggs are often required to use these low-light-pollution LED lights instead of typical white lighting.
- LEDs have been proven to keep meat fresher in the display cases at your local grocer. Researchers have yet to pinpoint the exact reason, but they have found that meat in LED-lit displays grows fewer bacteria than mean stored under fluorescent lighting.
- LED lights more efficiently in the colder weather. Your Christmas lights are guaranteed to sparkle in the colder climates. The New Years Eve Times Square ball is illuminated by 32,256 individual LED lights to help everyone within eyeshot enjoy the countdown.
- LED lights help babies fight jaundice. For years, doctors have been using light to treat this common skin-yellowing condition. With the use of LED lights, they have more control over the temperature and eliminate the radiation risks that came with older treatments.
- LEDs have helped marine biologists create the perfect lighting to grow coral outside of its normal environment. They struggled trying to find the balance between water temperature and the amount of lighting. LEDs give them control over the light needed without warming the water in the tanks.
From everyone here at Holiday LEDs, we want to thank you for your business and for helping us make an impact on saving our environment. A great way to show Earth Day pride is to decorate with energy efficient LEDs, and be sure to continue caring for the earth by recycling your old Christmas lights with us for free (and we throw in a 15% off coupon for your next retail purchase).