LED Rope Light Buying GuideApril 27, 2012
LED rope light is one of the most versatile lighting solutions on the market today. The versatility of this lighting product is primarily the function of three product features: 1) It’s very flexible – can be bent to form shapes or words; 2) It’s small – 1/2″ round unit evenly distributes a lot of light; and 3) It can be cut to custom lengths – must cut on specified cut marks. With bulbs spaced 1″ apart, incandescent rope light consumed a lot of electricity and produced a lot of heat. The introduction of LED rope lighting made rope light a safer, and more economical lighting solution.
How can rope light be used?
It would probably be easier to say how rope light can’t be used, because it can be used for so many applications. The best way to describe what rope light can be used for, and what it is best suited for, is to describe its function. LED rope light is intended to be used as decorative or ambient lighting, and is most commonly used to outline or accent. Rope light is generally not the best choice for task lighting or other lighting applications where one desires to obtain a high level of light output for reading and similar tasks. That being said, here is a list of some of the common uses of LED rope light:
- Decorating roof lines and other architectural features of homes or business
- Lighting holiday decor, sculptures/motifs, or frames
- Wrapping the trunks of palm trees
- Illuminating stair steps
- Illuminating and decorating railings of porches or decks
- Decorating bars
- Adding accent lighting under cabinets or display cases
- Adding decorative ambient light to book shelves
- Illuminating recessed coves or moldings
How is your LED rope light sold?
We offer our LED rope lights in 150’ Bulk Spools only
Our bulk spools are available in 120v, and are the best choice for those who need the full 150 feet, or those who want to custom cut multiple shorter lengths. It is more economical to cut your own rope light lengths from a 150′ spool (must cut on specific cut marks); however cutting or altering the spool does void the UL certification. Bulk spools come with one power cord already attached, and 3 additional 5′ power cords, for use when cutting the spool into shorter lengths.
Why should you buy your LED Rope Light from HolidayLEDs.com?
- We Specialize in LED Decorative Lighting
HolidayLEDs.com specializes in energy-efficient LED decorative lighting. Our LED rope light is purchased direct from the manufacturer and uses only the best quality LED chips and other components.
- We Stock a Wide Selection of Items We have a wide variety of colors in stock at all times and can also accommodate large quantity bulk orders or custom cut orders with very little lead time.
- User-Friendly WebsitePurchasing from our user-friendly website is extremely easy and all of our rope light purchasing options are clear and easy to understand.
- No Assembly Required
Most of our rope light packages require no assembly and will ship to you ready to use with a standard 120v plug.
- Superior Return Policy & Warranty We sell only the best LED decorative lighting products, and we stand behind our product. We offer a customer friendly, 14 day no-questions asked return policy, and we also warranty our LED rope light for 1 Season (90 days of continuous use).